How to Get Help Now
First of all, we care that you, a friend or family member affected by Methamphetamine addiction gets help immediately - today, right now, here on this web site. The good news is: others have escaped this deadly addiction and so can you.
Secondly, we want to help you get started on your road to recovery as well as assist you in locating additional meth help in the area where you live.
STEPS YOU CAN TAKE NOW:
- The very first step, as hard as it may seem, is to admit to someone you trust RIGHT NOW that you have an addiction to Methamphetamine and you want to QUIT!
- The psychological problem will be the biggest obstacle to overcome. It's important you are aware that withdrawal can take up to six months, and includes: depression, anxiety, erratic behavior, severe cravings, sensitivity to emotional and physical triggers, difficulty in concentrating, and the desire for excessive sleep.
- Depression and anxiety are the greatest hurdle, so, your first priority will be to connect with people who are supportive and encourage your healing, because the temptation will be great to use again. You must decide that regardless of the situations facing you, no matter how difficult, you are, without question, going to QUIT!
HANG IN THERE, YOU CAN ESCAPE!
- It is possible you are concerned about changes in your body and the ability to think straight. Others have had that same problem. Don't panic. Most of the problem will cure itself IN TIME with a change in daily habits, like: good nutrition, exercise and plenty of sleep.
- Be prepared to see the family doctor if you suspect a major health related problem. Most importantly: admit in your first meeting with the doctor that you have been addicted to Meth.
- Unlike other drugs and their treatment, Meth addiction is overly complex and very hard to treat. Because any attempt to escape the drug's habitual grasp will be costly, difficult and time consuming, the user and those closest to them will feel overwhelmed at first. But don't give up! Quit before it kills you.
- If you are not successful in finding a local support group or rehab center through one of the nationwide Meth Links located on this web site, check the yellow pages for the local D.A.R.E. Program in your area.
- Once you find a local support group or rehab center, get involved and stay involved. Especially with those who have made the change to a healthy lifestyle free from Meth addiction.
BE CAREFUL OF THIS TRAP:
the very person you associate with during recovery may suddenly slip back into Meth Addiction. DON"T FOLLOW THEM. This problem has ruined many like yourself seeking to escape Meth.
- The temptation to take Meth ONE MORE TIME will appear when you least expect it...and regardless of the reason, don't do it. It will start the downward cycle all over again.
CHANGE FRIENDS IMMEDIATELY!
- As hard as it may seem at first, you must change friends or it won't be long before the peer pressure will win you over for just one more HIT. Move away, go stay with a distant relative if you must, but change friends. Under no circumstances, associate with the same friends you've been doing Meth with while you are trying to kick the habit. IT WILL NEVER WORK! The temptation will be too great. They will drag you back into the very same hell you are trying to escape.
- Set new goals and establish new activities. With someone helping you, realistically address unresolved issues such as damaged relationships with your family and those around you who aren't using Meth. Seek forgiveness from those you have wronged. Ask for their support. Go to work and resolve your long term financial problems.
NOT BEING A FINANCIAL BURDEN TO OTHERS MUST BE RESOLVED EARLY ON IN ORDER TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF SUCCESS.
If you do not address these issues immediately the temptation to use Meth for an escape will overcome your effort to seek and obtain a healthy and lasting recovery.
Whatever you do, get help and keep it. Go to extra meetings, pray, exercise, and structure activities away from anything that may tempt you to use again.
Find something bigger than yourself to believe in and care about. And most of all, DON"T GIVE UP! There is life after Meth addiction.
OTHERS HAVE THEIR LIFE BACK
AND HAVE ESCAPED METH, SO CAN YOU!
BUT YOU MUST START NOW!
- If you are a friend or family seeking meth help for someone you care about, study the information contained in this web site and order your own copy of "Tweaked" or "Tweaked: A Generation in Overdrive" , and share it in a caring manner with those addicted to Methamphetamine. As you do, it is our suggestion you do not use any form of criticism or condemnation in the process.
- Go to Meth Addiction for detailed information about the drug itself, it's use and the deadly effects on the human body and our society.